Kelly Wilson-Stewart - Medical Imaging lecturer, radiographer and clinical educator, Brisbane
"With increasing pressures on availability of facilities and clinical placements, this software has enormous potential to bring pre-clinical skills training into a safe and remotely accessible virtual environment – a great tool for Medical Imaging educators!"
Simon Shay, Director of Aged Care Imaging
"I am amazed at how this software takes into consideration and depicts all the technical aspects of radiography and demonstrates the imaging outcomes both anatomical and technical, and its fun!"
(1) Weil SA. Hussain TS, Brunye T, Sidman J, Spahr, L. 2005. The use of massive multi-player gaming technology for military training: A preliminary evaluation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 49th Annual Meeting. Santa Monica, CA: HFES.
(2) Bowman DA, McMahan RP. 2007. Virtual Reality: How Much Immersion Is Enough? Computer; 40(7): 36-43
(3) Bridge P, Appleyard RM, Ward JW, Philips R, Beavis AW. 2007. The Development and Evaluation of a Virtual Radiotherapy Treatment Machine using an Immersive Visualisation Environment. Computers and Education; 49(2): 481-94
(4) Lawrie GA Matthews KE, Bailey C, Kavanagh LJ, Gahan LR, Weaver GC, Adams P, Long PD, Taylor M. 2014. Technology supported facilitation and assessment of small group collaborative inquiry learning in large first year classes. Journal of Learning Design; 7(2): 121-35
(5) James S, Dumbleton C. 2013. An evaluation of the utilisation of the virtual environment for radiotherapy training in clinical radiotherapy centres across the UK. Radiography; 19(2): 142-50
(6) Hutchings M, Quinney A. 2015. The Flipped Classroom, Disruptive Pedagogies, Enabling Technologies and Wicked Problems: Responding to 'the Bomb in the Basement'. Electronic Journal of e-Learning; 13(2): 105-18